Monday, May 30, 2011

You loved me once

You told me I was beautiful
You told me that you loved me
What does that mean to you?
I know what it meant to me.
I thought love endures all distance and pain
But what I didn't know was that after the last "I love you"
I would never see you again
Not in the same way
No more warm embrace
Just a "We need to talk"
We all know where those four words go
Nowhere.

You said goodbye and I wasn't ready
For those words to resonate inside my heart
Pounding inside me with each painful sound
From the man whom I fell in love
Love endures all things and I'd travel any distance
As long as I could be with you
I did
Until you said I wasn't worth it.

Someone thinks I'm beautiful
Someone thinks I'm smart
Someone loves me and wants to be a part
Of what I am, of who I am going to be
Someone out there wants me for me
No matter how far, no matter the pain
No matter the mystery of the future
And the worry of failure
I hoped it would be you
But it's not.

I've failed yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.