Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's a sweet smile, a loving embrace
A warm summer day with sunkissed skin
Throwing frisbees and long bike rides
Fresh ice cream, sitting on the hill
Cowboy movies and cuddling
First kisses and warm red cheeks
Jim Beam and Vernors
Football games
Days on the beach
Singing songs until we fall asleep
Stargazing before we knew we cared

It's waiting patiently
For something that might never be
The pain of the unknown
But trusting that one day you'll still care
Wishing that you could just be here NOW
So unfair
The idea that one day I won't be alone
As the distance between us grows

But at the end of the day...
It's the crazy adventures I remember
The nights we stayed up too late
IHOP
Grocery stores
Christmas time
The way you look into my eyes
And your passion for life

That keeps me going every day
And when I wake up
I know I'm loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.