Saturday, January 21, 2012

Freestyle

Who do you think you are
Leaving scars on my heart,
Heart pounding from the pain
Cuz you hurt me again.

Man it's not cool the way you act,
Freezes time, rewinds me back,
Back to high school, back when we were all fools,
It ain't cool the way we worked out,
I hate the way we fell out.

Fucked over, over time, time to forget it,
Too stubborn to admit it,
Admit we were both wrong,
Just try to move on,
In the only way we know how.

If you wanna do it the hard way,
Good riddance, forget what I say.
It's not the time or the place
For us to care for the time, it's only the race
Of our lives, who's to finish first,
First place in my heart but you got left at the start,
Running away from the past looking forward,
I don't see you anymore cuz you're running too fast toward
Failure, fast away from the pain,
Don't want a heartbreak again.

So you forget that I matter,
No matter what, but you can't erase me from your mind
Eternally, it's not sunshine for the spotless mind,
In good time you'll be fine,
Fine til you hit the rewind and find that I remind
You of the little things in life you can't escape,
Ancient love songs once taking shape,
Strummed to the song of your heart,
Heart strings, now they're broken
There's no fixing but to be forgiven.

But until you decide to hit play not rewind,
And forget that the past is just that, keep in time,
Time to move forward,
And just live your damn life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.