Tuesday, June 5, 2012

They're Only Words

I miss you,
And as much as I do to forget,
You are stained in my soul
Like the ink of my heart,
It bleeds for you.
Tattooed in my mind
Day and night,
Always thinking of you.
Black tears dripping onto the page,
Writing words unsaid to fuel the rage.
Words forever thought yet never known,
Because I'm too afraid to say those
Three sweet words.
Letters thrown together in passion,
Twenty-six ways to create the beginning of us and the end of me and you.
I'll just stay "I" stained on the inside
And let the black tears dry,
Dried up words, crinkled ink on the page,
Old enough to fade away.
So say goodbye and watch me walk away,
Whispering words I could never say,

...I love you...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.