To MDD and JPW:
You are my brother, my best friend.
Not related by blood. Related by experience.
We cried together, lost together, grew together.
We share the endless wealth of unconditional love.
Every day I wake up and thank the Lord I have you in my life, knowing that one day you won't be a call away, or a walk down the street.
One day you will fight the wars of our people to keep me safe.
And I love you for that.
I love you for staying close when I was ignorant, for not saying "I told you so" when I was wrong.
I love you for the hot summer days we spent walking around with nothing better to do.
I love you for the way you kissed me once and told me I was beautiful.
You will always have more of my heart than any other man.
Because that's how best friends should be.
I love you for the way you smile.
For the endless youtube videos.
For those late nights together watching movies.
For being the yes to my no. The can to my can't.
The "it will be okay" to my "I can't take this anymore".
You've held me close and felt every tear.
I did the same when your heart broke.
We catch each other when we fall.
We know what to say when there are no words.
We love with the fullness of our hearts.
You are my brother, my best friend.
No matter how far we are apart, you will always have my heart.
Because that's how best friends should be.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.